Friday

$22 @ Habitat for Humanity (Guest Bathroom Progress)

Remember this pile of beadboard that my parents so generously gave to me? 


Well here's where some of it went. 


I know that white beadboard is the big in thing right now but in spirit with Plan A the dark wood was the way to go for this bathroom. I must say that I love it more than I thought I would, even with the montage of blue/green towels we have going on in there. 


If you missed it, this is what it looked like before:


A zillion times better, right?
Other than the trim we had everything on hand. 

So, as always the case when you have to thrift for your remodels, this is taking a painfully slow turn for the better.

Recently I bought 3 things from my local Habitat for Humanity resale store. 


A wood cabinet. I snatched it up as soon as I saw it. It will go over the toilet and replace this: 


It will need a which touch up with some stain to match the other wood and maybe I'll eventually get new hardware for it too.

Next up: 


Yes, I bought 1 dirty, almond colored sink. 
Why? 
Well, first of all, anything is better than this:


Second, though it's dirty it will wash up. the handles and everything are in excellent condition and the almond color will match the existing toilet and tub. 

And third...

 

This is my FAVORITE!!! Isn't this teeny tiny chandelier just adorable?!
I am going to replace the candle parts with pipe and spray paint it all to match.
Our poor light fixture in there now is down to 2 working lights and even the bulbs don't match.


I'm hoping my dad will give me a hand with the electrical when the times comes because I have no idea how to go from this wall mounted unit to a ceiling unit.  

The total cost for all 3 pieces: $22.  Awesome. 

Next up in my search?
A new vanity. 


As if this poor thing could get any sadder I cam home one day to a puppy we were watching sitting at the top of the stairs with the other half of the frame laying at his feet. 

Any ideas? I have a few DIY ideas floating around in my head. They include lots of varnish. 

For previous posts:







No comments:

Post a Comment