Friday

Sheet Music Wreath

I am totally in LOVE with this new sheet music wreath I made! 


It was super simple too! I rolled a bunch sheet music from a book I had laying around (playing the guitar is another of my long lost goals)  and hot glued them to a piece of cardboard. 




Then I cut out a circle of card board and painted it with chalkboard paint.

I took some stuff called Treasure Gold in Pewter and rubbed it on around the edges to give it a little distressed/glittery edge.


I went all out on the hanger when I hot glued a washer to the back. I used the sticky notes to propped it up while it dried so it would stick out for the nail.  


I prepped it and stuck it on the wall where I miraculously already had a nail. Love when that happens!  


Some more pretty pictures:


The fact that it is chalk board paint means I can leave it up all year round if I want! 


PERFECT!!!!


Total cost $0. I had everything on hand! Love when that happens too! 

To see my $0 lighted garland click here

I am linking to:

   

  
Making 
    you are talking too much  Sunday's Best Linky Party!

9 comments:

  1. What a great way to welcome your guests! I'd be thrilled to have you come down and link up to the Head to Head Showdown, going on right now at www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two of my favourite things... vintage paper and chalkboard!! It doesn't get much better than this for Chrismtas.

    I'd love it if you could share this over on my Simply Christmas Inspiration Party at http://shabbyartboutique.blogspot.com/2011/11/inspiration-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it so much I'll be making one. Thanks for showing how you made it. I also like the chalkboard in the middle. Can write whatver you want! Here's hoping you'll share your project over at Sunday' Best. Sharing is a good thing. Now following you on GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cheap and adorable idea! Love it! I'm a new follower! -holly @ bellanest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOOO pretty!!! very unique.... love it! :)
    would love for you to follow me too over at summitstreejoy.com

    blessings! - lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah! This is great. I Love the mix of chalkboard and sheet music. Perfect for Christmas or any time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the comments, I swear I check on this blog a million times a day just to see what you all wrote! I loved posting to all of your parties too, thank you very much for inviting me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will be making one tonight now that I know how to do it. Thanks for sharing over at Sunday's Best. Love your creative ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how creative...I love to use things I find around the house to to make into projects and diy...you did great


    http://turnedgypsy.blogspot.com

    https://www.facebook.com/crystal.wooten1

    ReplyDelete