Sunday

Monogramming

Call me what you'd like but I have taken a liking to the ever so popular monogrammed idea. However I am not taking a liking to the price. Even for just one cheap-o cardboard letter it can be pretty pricey. So I decided I'm make my own.

Step one: Mark out your letter or design on your medium. Now, I'm not so fancy as to go all out with the 3-D idea but I did want a little depth so I cut my letters out of 2 layers of cardboard from a box that was headed to the recycle bin. I hot glued the edges to give it a little more stability.

Step two: I mixed up a little school glue and some water and pasted on some scrapbook paper and hot glued the edges around the back.

Step three: I added a little bit of brown paint with a paper towel to give it a little bit of a distressed look and I'm done!!!

They look AWESOME with the paper lanterns!  Sorry about the night shots But I promise I'll get you some better ones when I finally decide on how to decorate the rest of the room ;)


I linked to:



No comments:

Post a Comment